Monday, January 4, 2010

Reaction

Wow. It's hard to put into words a review of this book. It's also a sequel to a book I had read entitled A Child Called It. The first book talks about the horrible abuse a child endures from his mom who has a mental illness and is an alcoholic. The Lost Boy shares Dave's real-life story of dealing with being a foster child and the reputation that goes with it. The author has written 7 books, and his next book is called A Story of Triumph and Forgiveness. I can't imagine how he has felt all of these years, but I pray that God will truly heal him from his hurt and that He will know Jesus personally. Check out his website if you want more information: Dave Pelzer Due to the graphic details and language, I would never suggest a child read this. Even as an adult, it was a lot to take in and left me exhausted. I just feel so badly for the life he had, but I was so impressed with what he has become despite his circumstances. Go Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment